Monday, August 3, 2009

The Spoils of Summer

As summer starts to wind down, I can't help but think about the impending winter and how dreadful it will be without the glorious berries and warm weather vegetables that I have grown accustomed to.  All I can do now is enjoy every last morsel so that is exactly what I plan to do.  This past Sunday, I collected wild raspberries along the train tracks.  They were tiny, delicate and juicy...nothing like the mushy behemoths from the grocery store.  I paired the delectable little berries with chocolate zucchini cupcakes that were the best use of my vegetable bounty to date. (thank you 101 Cookbooks) Maybe I can find a way to make brussel sprouts and root vegetables as delicious as the spoils of summer.  Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't foraging fun!

    I love the dark rich brown with the jewel raspberry red and the crisp light.

    Hmmm, brussel sprouts...... I can't bear to think about it.

    ReplyDelete