Monday, September 3, 2012

Wisdom of a Tomato

















I used to think I had it all figured out... then life happened. The carefree days of being a child gave way to the unpredictable world of adulthood. With age comes wisdom, and what I have learned at the ripe old age of thirty six is that I don't know half as much as I thought I did. Currently perched on the precipice of a rather large change, I am re-evaluating my life. My brain is crowded with thoughts. I find solace in the kitchen, it's where I clear my mind, become calm, and remember who I am. Something as simple as a sliced homegrown tomato with a little drizzle of pesto can transcend the plate and become a reminder to stop complicating things and get back to the basics. Sometimes you have to deconstruct in order to rebuild.

2 comments:

  1. With life comes wisdom, with wisdom comes contentment and happiness. Looks like you are on your way to all that life has to offer. I know I'm proud of you and all of your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you and I so enjoy reading your blog, you inspire me.

    ReplyDelete