Monday, May 30, 2011

Cheers to Freedom

Sunburn...check. Wet dog... check. Sand in my shoes...check. Yep, summer has arrived! (After a long weekend of rain, I was wondering if I would ever see that large fiery ball in the sky.) With a frosty drink in my hand and the warm glow of the sun on my face, it was hard to think of anything other than the blissful zen I was enjoying, but my mind wandered. The soft fluttering sound of the flags dancing in the breeze turned my thoughts to the soldiers, the fallen heros, and the families left without their loved ones today. So here's a toast and a huge thank you those who provide my freedom - May you never forget that we love you. Your courage is astounding.

Raise your glass, people... thank a soldier. They deserve it.

Summer Sipper:
2 to 1 ratio - moscato to ginger ale
splash of mango nectar
splash of fresh orange juice
Shaken and served with ice... garnish with lemon balm and orange slice



No comments:

Post a Comment