Monday, July 11, 2011

Stop and Eat the Couscous

The past two weeks have slipped by in a blur of travel, work, travel, work. I am only just now catching up with my life outside of the office. Somewhere between Boston and Seattle, I concocted this quirky little salad, which was a happy accident of what I could find in the kitchen. (My pantry has been neglected, along with my blog.) The melange of couscous, cherry tomatoes, black beans, green onions, cucumbers, and pineapple, was quite tasty and extremely refreshing. Packed in a mason jar, it traveled beautifully to the beach. I sat quietly and enjoyed my strange medley as I caught my breath and soaked up the solitude... if only for a minute. It's good to be home.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see your Blog back, salad looks really good, even my Vegan friends will enjoy this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful meal. I'm going to have to try this.

    ReplyDelete